The difference between UPVC doors and WPC doors, today we will distinguish from 9 aspects. If you are looking for wholesale WPC doors, hope this article can help you.
Notice: A uPVC door generally refers to a uPVC front door with a fully insulated steel frame as the core, which is then covered with unplasticized polyvinyl chloride. The WPC door can use WPC material made by adding PVC or PE material. Because the WPC doors produced by Buzhoushan WPC Factory use PVC to make WPC, some regions and some dealers also call the WPC filled doors produced by Buzhoushan WPC Door PVC Doors to distinguish them from WPC hollow doors. * The uPVC door in this article refers specifically to the uPVC front door. * WPC doors usually refer to doors made of WPC materials. There are 4 different types of WPC doors, and the best one is the WPC hollow door. In this article, WPC door refers to WPC hollow door.
UPVC stands for unplasticized polyvinyl chloride, while WPC stands for wood polymer composite. During the manufacturing process, both are PVC-based compounds. But even though the machines used to make these products are the same, the molds are different.
Let’s look at the difference between these two products in more detail:
Structure —- Difference Between UPVC Door and WPC Doors
- WPC Door panels are made using one-piece molding process. The hollow part is usually filled with 2 additional wooden strips or WPC strips to increase the overall strength. The rest of the cavity encapsulates air to achieve thermal insulation effect, and the two ends of the cavity are edge-sealed with PU construction foam. If you want to improve the sound insulation performance of WPC hollow doors, you can also use PU foam to fill the void.
- Upvc doors are also made using a one-piece molding process, but because the structure of Upvc material is not strong enough, additional supporting parts are required, usually metal supporting parts.
Aesthetics —- Difference Between UPVC Door & WPC Door
- WPC doors can be painted to obtain a high-grade smooth surface, and can present a variety of high-end colors and appearances. Natural wood grain and various beautiful textures can also be obtained through PVC coating. By combining with metal strips, glass and traces, WPC doors can achieve a variety of beautiful and advanced designs.When it comes to applications for HDB door, interior residential, WPC doors and WPC door frames are the better choice. Furthermore, WPC doors are available in a variety of surface treatments, and dealers can customize them according to the tendencies and preferences of the local market.
- UPVC doors have a frivolous design that usually does not look very natural. Upvc doors can have a more personalized and design appearance.
Price —- Difference Between UPVC Doors & WPC Doors
- WPC Doors are more expensive than UPVC Doors, and by means stronger and more durable than UPVC Doors. (How Much do WPC Doors Cost?)
- The biggest advantage of UPVC doors is that they are cheap. If you do not need to consider structural strength and have a limited budget, UPVC doors are your best choice.
Package —- Difference Between UPVC Door & WPC Doors
- UPVC exterior doors are made of weather, rot and corrosion resistant plastic material. UPVC doors are usually packed in protective packaging such as bubble wrap or shrink wrap to protect them from scratches and damage during shipping.
- Buzhoushan WPC doors are made of poplar wood flour with PVC particles, which makes them more environmentally friendly and durable. WPC doors are usually packed in a protective material like foam or cardboard to keep them from being damaged during shipping.
Compatibility with local hardware —- Difference Between UPVC Doors & WPC Doors
- UPVC (Unplasticized Polyvinyl Chloride) and WPC (Wood Plastic Composite) doors compatibility with local hardware varies depending on specific hardware and installation requirements.
- Both UPVC doors and WPC doors are commonly used in construction projects and as such, they are compatible with a wide range of hardware options available in the market. UPVC doors and WPC doors are usually designed to fit standard locks, handles, hinges and other hardware, which makes them easy to install and maintain.
Buzhoushan WPC Door Factory is able to recommend you door hardware suitable for your order, and will meet your one-stop sourcing needs and provide quality assurance for these parts.
Personal installation friendly —- Difference Between UPVC Doors & WPC Door
In terms of personal installation, for those with certain DIY skills and experience, UPVC doors, WPC doors, and UPVC doors can all be installed relatively easily.
WPC doors and UPVC doors are usually designed for easy installation, with pre-drilled holes for the hardware, which makes the installation process very simple.
A standard size WPC door can weigh up to 35 to 40kg, WPC doors are heavier than UPVC doors which makes them more difficult to handle and install.
The weight of UPVC doors can vary by specific design, size and manufacturer, but standard size doors usually weigh between 20 and 30 kg (44 and 66 lbs). UPVC doors are also relatively lightweight, which can make them easier to handle and install.
Color —- Difference Between UPVC Doors & WPC Doors
Both WPC doors and UPVC doors are available in a wide selection of colors to suit different styles and preferences.
- WPC doors can come in a variety of colors, with white and beige being the most common choices. Other colors such as black, grey, brown and wood effect are also available. Buzhoushan WPC door manufacturers also offer custom color options to meet your specific design requirements. We support the use of Pantone color cards to specify the color of the wood-plastic door surface treatment. Customized special colors are usually required to meet the order quantity of a 40HQ container, about 480 doors.
- UPVC doors are also available in a variety of colours, with faux wood finishes being the most popular choice. Faux wood finishes can vary in color and grain to mimic different wood species. Also, some UPVC doors may come in solid colors like white, black or gray.
In terms of color options, both UPVC and WPC doors offer versatility to match different design requirements and personal preferences. Also, if buyers want them to have a personalized color, they can easily do that too.
Sound and Dustproof —- UPVC Doors Vs. WPC Door
In terms of performance, WPC doors completely surpass all plastic doors and wooden doors, and any indicator is better, including better than UPVC doors. Whether it is dustproof or soundproof, waterproof and moistureproof, or even isolated from burning.
Return on investment —- Difference Between UPVC Doors and WPC Door
When it comes to return on investment (ROI) for doors, at any point, WPC doors are better than UPVC doors. WPC doors can last up to 50 years, while UPVC doors typically last 20-35 years. The WPC door has better waterproof and moisture-proof performance, will not change color due to the erosion of time, will not be damp, and will not be gnawed by insects.
Both WPC and UPVC doors can provide good ROI because they are durable, energy-efficient, and require low maintenance. WPC doors are also known for providing good thermal insulation, which can help to reduce energy costs and improve comfort in the home. The longer lifespan of both WPC and UPVC doors means that homeowners are less likely to need to replace them, which can save money in the long run.
Just from the point of view of return on investment, the WPC door fully surpass the door of all materials, even if you need to pay 15%-20% more than other doors now, but the service life of WPC doors is 50% longer than other doors. 50%, which is very simple math problem, not a price problem.