What is a WPC Door? WPC doors are the best alternative to natural wood doors as well as plastic doors. WPC doors solve all the problems faced by wooden and plastic doors.
WPC doors have higher internal strength, weight, and most importantly, they are produced without cutting trees.
What Substances are the WPC Doors Made of?
Wood-plastic composites are panels or wood products made from recycled plastic and small wood particles or fibers. Proportionally, it contains 70% virgin polymer, 15% wood flour and the remaining 15% additive chemicals.
Common dimensions for WPC doors
According to different regions and different door openings, the size of the wood plastic door used is different.
Common sizes are:
The dimensions used in some regions are:
In any case, the factory can produce WPC doors of specified size according to your requirements. The specific WPC door size depends on the size of the door opening of the rule application project. It should be noted that the larger the size of the door, the higher the price.
Advantages of WPC doors:
- The WPC door is 100% termite-proof and waterproof, it can work for a long time, much longer than wooden and plastic doors. WPC doors do not rot and are highly resistant to rot, abrasion and moth attack. The wood-plastic door will not cause cracks, warping and other problems, and is very durable and has a long service life.
- The wood-plastic door is made of cellular material, so it has the characteristics of good heat preservation and sound insulation. WPC wood plastic doors have acid and alkali resistance, high strength, impact resistance and corrosion resistance, and are widely used in the decoration of family doors.
- The wood-plastic door has the characteristics of good waterproof, moisture-proof, mildew-proof and non-deformation, and can be used in wet toilets, kitchens, storage rooms and other places.
- The WPC door does not need to use polluting painting, staining and oiling, it avoids the use of preservatives that may cause pollution, and has zero formaldehyde, you don’t have to worry about using the WPC door to damage your health.
- The WPC door can be made into different appearances and sizes as needed and desired. Because of this, it can be used to create designer doors, giving you a rich look with a fine finish.
- Since the wood-plastic door is manufactured in a high temperature and high pressure environment, it will not support combustion when encountering an open flame. It has good fire prevention and flame retardant characteristics, and is favored by consumers. The PVC door supports fire spread because it has a low ignition point and is easy to catch fire. So when you’re choosing panels for fire-prone areas, WPC doors are a better choice.
- No trees are cut down in the production process of WPC doors, which means they are environmentally friendly products leading the green revolution.
It is made from recycled plastic and waste wood, so it is a sustainable green material. It is made up of modifiers, foaming agents, stabilizers and various elements mixed in specific and strict proportions with guaranteed quality.
The wood-plastic door is not mixed with any glue in the production process, so it will not produce toxic and harmful substances such as formaldehyde, benzene, ammonia, etc. It is a new type of green and environmentally friendly material, which is more friendly to children and the elderly.
- All types of screws and nails can be driven easily with the help of conventional tools. WPC doors have better screw and nail retention than plywood.
You can even screw it on and off more than 10 times in the same place. It doesn’t come loose.
- It will not rot, crack, warp like other woods used for interior and furniture making. You can use the WPC door in the sun, it won’t spoil in the sun.
You just have to paint or polish it after a certain interval and it will stay new and strong for years. You can use weather resistant coating paint and PO polish on WPC. Also, it is maintenance-free material.
Disadvantages of WPC Doors:
- Compared to wood, WPC is less resistant to extreme temperatures. If the kitchen utensils are placed directly on the wood-plastic board, if the temperature exceeds 70 ℃, the impression of melting will be produced.
- Laser cutting machine cannot be used on WPC door because it will burn the board.
- Since the wood-plastic door is made of green materials, the price will be more expensive than some cheap wood doors.
- The WPC wood plastic door uses PVC resin and high-quality wood powder as raw materials, so after the surface is subjected to thermal transfer technology or baking paint technology, it lacks the feeling of natural wood.