WPC doors are mainly divided into 4 structures:
- The first type: WPC Full Door (WPC Hollow Doors)
- Second type: WPC Assembly Door
- The third type: WPC Filling Door (PVC door)
- The fourth type: WPC Panel Door (WPC Fence Gates)
The WPC doors we usually talk about generally refer to the first, second and third types of WPC doors, which are usually used for interior doors, corridor doors and passage doors. The fourth type of WPC sheet door is usually used for garden doors and backyard doors. Or an exterior door.
What are the differences between the four types of WPC door structures?
There are huge differences between these four types of WPC doors, ranging from raw materials to structure and surface treatment.
1.Differences in raw materials
- The Full WPC door is composed of 100% wood plastic.
- WPC assembled doors are composed of 100% wood plastic, or 70% wood plastic and 30% insulating rigid foam.
- WPC infill doors are composed of WPC door skin, wood or WPC frame, thermal insulation rigid foam or honeycomb paper filling.
- WPC plate door is composed of PE-WPC and aluminum alloy frame.
a. The WPC full door is extruded by large equipment at one time. Because it is molded at one time, it has extremely high strength, similar to the one-piece molding principle of Tesla cars.
The cross-section of the WPC full door looks like a coral reef. This is a scientific structure that can effectively disperse the force acting on the door, giving it higher strength. At the same time, the sealed air in the cavity can have an excellent effect of blocking temperature and sound. If you want to improve this performance, the factory can also inject PU foam into the cavity to achieve this.
b.WPC assembly doors are assembled from various WPC parts, and they can have various classic shapes, such as shaker doors. The most basic structure of a WPC assembled door is WPC components on four sides and a WPC door panel in the middle. In order to reduce costs, you can also replace the wood-plastic door panel in the middle with PU foam. On this basis, you can create different WPC assembly door styles through various combinations or combinations with glass.
c. The structure of the WPC infill door is similar to the traditional melamine door, with a frame and filler on the inside and door skin sealing on the outside.
The WPC filled door frame can be a wood frame or WPC frame, and the filler can be polyurethane foam (PU) or extruded polystyrene foam (XPS) or honeycomb paper or particleboard.
d. The WPC plate door structure is the simplest. It is to cut the WPC plate into a suitable size and encapsulate it in an aluminum alloy frame.
3.The difference in surface treatment
- a. WPC full door supports surface treatment methods of spray painting and PVC coating. Tip: WPC full doors also support thermal transfer surface treatment, but this appearance is relatively low-level and has been basically eliminated by the market.
- b. WPC assembly doors support surface treatment methods of spray painting and PVC coating.
- c. WPC filled doors only support PVC-coated surface treatment, so they are also called PVC doors.
- d. WPC board doors have no additional surface treatment and basically use the imitation wood texture of WPC board as the appearance texture, or there is no texture.
From the above introduction, we can know that WPC full doors and WPC assembly doors can only be made by large manufacturers because they have large machinery to produce one-time molded WPC door panels. WPC infill doors can be produced by small assembly plants as it can be assembled from a variety of readily available raw materials. With WPC sheet doors, you can even assemble them at home.
How to tell the difference between four different WPC doors?
WPC assembly doors and WPC panel doors have a distinctive appearance, and you can easily distinguish them from their appearance.
WPC full doors and WPC assembly doors are indistinguishable when they are the same style and have the same surface treatment, but you can tell them apart at other times:
- If the surface treatment of the WPC door is painted, then it is a WPC full door.
- The Full WPC door supports shallow carving but does not support deep carving. If the door has a deep shape, then it is a WPC filled door.
How to distinguish WPC doors from doors made of other materials?
The characteristics of WPC doors are ultra-low water absorption, flame retardant, termite-proof, mildew-proof, zero formaldehyde, no warping, no cracking, low maintenance, and environmentally friendly. Most of these features can only be experienced after long-term use.
To quickly tell whether your door is a WPC door, you can do the following:
- Splashing water: WPC doors are not afraid of splashing water. If it is a WPC full door, you can even use it for surfing. If the water sits on the door surface for a period of time before being absorbed by the door, then your door is not a WPC door.
- Combustion: WPC doors are flame retardant and will not ignite. When high temperatures hit the WPC door, it will only slowly turn black, giving ample time to react.
- Look for cracks: If you can find cracks and burrs on the surface of the door, then this is not a WPC door.
- Knock and listen: Most doors are relatively light, while WPC is relatively heavy. Therefore, the knocking sound of most doors is relatively crisp, while the knocking sound of WPC doors is relatively low.
- Press: WPC doors have a good tactile feel, which you can judge by stroking and pressing. If you press the door and feel a good touch and slight elasticity, then this is a WPC door. If the door has no elasticity at all when you press it, then it is not a WPC door.
Through the introduction of four different WPC doors in this article, I believe you already have a simple understanding of the types and differences of WPC doors. We can distinguish WPC doors from other doors through the salient characteristics of WPC doors. The easiest way is to test the waterproofness. The water absorption expansion rate of Buzhoushan WPC Door is less than 0.1%.