How WPC Doors Frames Better Than PVC Door Frames? We’ve noticed that many of you are still confused when it comes to choosing WPC and PVC as materials for making door frames.
So, with this blog, we are here to clear all your confusion and give you clear insights into the two materials and how they differ.
WPC stands for Wood Plastic Composite and PVC stands for Polyvinyl Chloride. We obviously can’t tell which is the better choice between WPC and PVC boards based on the name alone, so let’s learn more about them.
Wood Plastic Composite (WPC)
WPC is a hybrid composite material known for its ability to be formed into any shape and size. It is made by combining thermoplastics with wood flour. WPCs have the feel and look of wood, but they are more durable and can also be recycled. This is why they are considered a good substitute for wood.
Here are the advantages of WPC door frames:
WPC is moisture resistant:
- It is resistant to decay.
- it is environmentally friendly
- It is non-corrosive
- It is antibacterial and warp resistant.
- It does not require further surface coating
- It can be custom printed and textured.
- It is lightweight, durable and easy to maintain.
- Cutting, nailing, drilling and finishing can be done using standard woodworking tools.
- Affordable fees.
Polymerization of vinyl chloride (PVC)
PVC is a widely used material in construction, transportation, packaging, electrical, and healthcare because of its versatility. Colored PVC sheets are currently used as a replacement for metal, glass, concrete and clay in many applications.
Following are the advantages of PVC:
- Technical advantages – wear resistance, light weight, mechanical strength and toughness.
- Easy to process and durable.
- High transparency, organoleptic properties and a reduced carbon footprint.
- Fully recyclable and non-toxic.
- cost effective
So which is better? Let’s find out.
How is WPC door frame better PVC door frame?
Although both WPC and PVC are manufactured with a plastic component, the two materials have different compositions.
- We need to use extra material to reinforce the PVC when we use it. However, WPC does not require additional reinforcement. It’s powerful in its own right.
- Compared to PVC, WPC is more versatile in terms of density.
- Compared to WPC, PVC is a more expensive option.
- Compared to PVC, WPC has higher strength.
- WPC is a very carpenter-friendly material.
Listed above are several significant advantages of WPC over PVC. Beyond that, there are various other reasons to choose WPC. It is UV and weather resistant and will not shrink or swell in different seasons. It can be used in all kinds of spaces, be it interior or exterior.
The adoption of WPC will continue to increase in the future as leading brands such as Buzhoushan WPC Doors strive to ensure that only the highest quality WPC door frames are produced. If you are building a new building or renovating an old one, make sure you use Buzhoushan wood plastic door frames.